Old October 31st 10, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RW[_2_]

Default Flarm and stealth

On Oct 30, 12:50*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I'm not convinced that using FLARM will increase leaching. *Many of the
posts have assumed that it will. *A pilot that plans to leach can do so
using his/her eyeballs anyway. *As it is now he/she (for example) can see 2
gaggles out in the distance. *They may or may not be able to tell remotely
which gaggle is climbing better due to how much they are climbing up and
away (as seen visually - without FLARM). *FLARM will probably make it easier
to determine which gaggle is in a better thermal. *But again, I have never
flown with FLARM...

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

"T8" wrote in message

On Oct 30, 11:07 am, RW wrote:

Gosh no. But re-reading your earlier post... are you seriously trying
to sell leeching technology as a safety enhancement? No thanks!

I'm with Bill Ruehle 100%.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

We have already info of no problem with leeching from 5 year old Flarm
experience in Europe.
But if somebody who is not serious about racing thinks this way,
let him buy it.
Lets keep this myth alive.
This way we have more Flarms.
RW

Pick one, you can't have 'em both:

A. * " We have already info of no problem with leeching from 5 year
old Flarm experience in Europe."

B. * "In Parowan in blue and over Nevada unlandable desert, Flarm
would improve safety" (by making it easier to leech)

-T8

Evan,
Open your mind.I take both.
Flarm climb rates are not reliable, so useless for leeching.
Pointing to active thermal area in rocky Nevada desert, might save
somebody's life.
Ryszard
ps.John, sorry for my one more (no Flarm expert) posting.
pps.Hank, 3 years ago I send a email to Flarm guys about US Flarm
sales.
Was told : never, because US has too many lawyers.(this email is
still hidden in my gmail)
Imagine yourself as instrumental to shut off ,maybe life saver
options
of Flarm in eyes of smart Jewish lawyer defending young Joe
wife rights.
Joe was local glider pilot in Utah.He had not much experience,
but being local , got reverse seeding preference.So he got
in the contest.
Day was blue and CD liked to send everybody over Nevada desert.
5 min before Joe died 2 of18m motorgliders equipped with same Flarm
like Joe's( but mandatory by rules comity blocked) flew by.It was
visible from GPS logs 8 miles
down the task they find thermal.Joe was thinking it is time crash
landing, those 2 had engine, so no hope for him.He didn't see them
thermaling.Lawyer could figure out : Joe could easy get to the hot
spot.
I know already this lawyer name if you want to try your argument
before it happens, he is a glider pilot.I don't know real Joe name
yet.
pps.Bill,I'm also100% for your idea of pilot decision to set the mode.