Old May 31st 04, 01:22 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: This memorial day rememeber the men you flew with.
From: (WalterM140)
Date: 5/30/04 12:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time
We were formed up as a crew in 1943 in Shreveport LA. We all went overseas
togethter. We were the crew of "Willie The Wolf", K9J, a B-26 of the 344th
Bomb
Group, 494th Bomb Squadron. We flew all or missions together. We were
friends
and brothers in arms.Of our 6 man crew 4 are no longer with us. On this
Memorial Day I would like to refresh the memory of our absent friends:

1st Lt. Bob Monson Co-Pilot. (Boston).
S/Sgt Emilio Griego engineer tail gunner (New Mexico)
S/Sgt Bo Taylor radio waist gunner (Texas)
S/Sgt Bill Henderson Armament top turret gunner.(PA)
And as much a part of our crew as any man on it, the B-26 Willie the Wolf.

They will always rest well in our memories.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Art, I was watching some show or other on the History Channel recently and
they showed a KIA, all wrapped in blankets, being removed from a B-26.

Walt,

If you see that film clip again notice the tail markings which appear for a
second. It is a white triangle identifying this B-26 as being of the 344th Bomb
Group. My group. The dead gunner being removed was one of us. But not of my
squadron. He was with the 497th. I was with the 494th. If you are interested
in what happened next, go to my website and read, "Thoughts at the Funeral for
a Stranger". It is the rest of the story. And thank you for your kind words.