Old March 27th 18, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Sailplane Grand Prix US Florida 2018

Tony, John Good was able to get the base unit up and this was the first time it was to be used. We simply ran out of time to get everything up in time.. As in every endeavor it takes time and money. John and I had to go to the SSA convention to fulfill our professional obligations to our associations.. All the other volunteers were working on their piece of the pie while we were gone. Hope to get system up and operational at the Seniors next year. Don’t think any of the participants had any issues with the contest. I know I didn’t! 😁

For the SGP we are using the same system we had last year. It isn’t the best but we are still able to see the race on the ground here with the SGP.aero website. I’m lucky to be in the air as a participant so I’m not exactly sure of the mechanics. I’ll find out today and let you know.

One thing I loved about last year was the the recap videos Sean did for every race. Great to see the entire race with commentary using SeeYou. Hope the 18 Meter Nationals guys don’t look at those!

Really wish you were here Tony. It was great flying with you last year.

Cheers,
Rich
ZO