Old February 22nd 04, 05:06 PM
Robert M. Gary

Just label it INOP and say it isn't reliable. After all, would you fly
an approach in actual on an ADF fixed with some goo and not inspected
by an avionics shop?

\
(Ben Jackson) wrote in message news:LgYZb.380119$na.569603@attbi_s04...
I made my first big IFR mistake. I fixed my intermittant ADF with only
a few more hours of training to go until my checkride. My glorious plan
to label it INOP (making it an expensive combination multi-channel timer
and partial panel heading memory aid) has been thwarted by a little tuner
cleaner on the card edge connector and the socket on the tray. A small
part of me was hoping that the aluminum swarf that someone rained down
on it while modifying the panel (which I removed a while ago without
fully fixing the problem) had killed it for good.

Anyone have any good NDB approach tips and tricks?