Old March 4th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default CH flight yoke/quadrant (was "Lat/Lon to country codes/political boundaries")

"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in message
[...]
Thank you , Peter. Much appreciated the helping-hand. I think it's one of
the things that makes the sim community, indeed, even the real McCoy
flight community itself, what it is! I don't think there is any such thing
as going it totally alone ... real or virtual ... and one always benefits
from another and they, in turn, from someone else who has been there, done
that type of thing and even those types no doubt got their savvy from
someone and/or have to seek the helping hand when necessary as new [or
baffling!] technology comes up! Thanks again!

Glad I could help. I think your comments apply to any human endeavor. It's
a shame when any individual slows down forward progress by the human race by
engaging in conflict rather than cooperation (I admit to being just as
guilty of this on occasion as anyone else ), but it is also remarkable
how quickly things can get done when people share what they already know.

I sometimes think that the fictional Borg from Star Trek have the right
idea. I look at the conflict that exists in the world, and think that it
might be impossible to go to war with someone if you know, through some kind
of mental link, everything that they know and feel. And imagine how much
even more quickly you would have gotten your flight control issues fixed if
you had instant access to the collective memories of every other flight sim
user out there.

Pete