Old December 23rd 17, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Compare Polars

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 4:33:36 PM UTC-8, Kiwi User wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 16:06:55 -0800, stu857xx wrote:

Ok, the .csv thing explains your problem.

The .xls file is not just a spread sheet, but rather a workbook of
sheets that work with Excel.

Without that, I can see your frustration and can offer no help.

You are kind of in a dark hole of your own digging.
Suggest you stop digging and find a copy of Excel.

Choices:
1) Buy a copy of MS Office / Excel
2) get a hooky copy of Office/Excel
(may be OK, may contain malware unless you know and trust the source)
2) Download and try Libre Office
This is a free/open source office suite that provides the same
functionality as MS Office. There are versions for Windows, OSX and
Linux

I use Libre Office on Linux systems for all my spreadsheet and word
processing needs. By and large it 'just works' for spreadsheets including
Microsoft XLS spreadsheets, but might have problems if these include VBA
macros. I've never needed to load a MS spreadsheet with VBA macros so
can't comment about that.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie
| dot org

Open Office is another decent free one if you don't use spreadsheets enough to purchase a program.
Jim