Old November 18th 07, 04:38 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Fred J. McCall

Default Russian Carrier Plans Part One

"Mr.Smartypants" wrote:

:On Nov 17, 7:09 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Mr.Smartypants" wrote:
:
: :On Nov 16, 9:50 pm, wrote:
: : See:
: :
: :http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Russ...t_One_999.html
: :
: : Nice plans, but can they be carried out?
: :
: :
: :Why not?
: :
: :Russia has billions and billions of EUROS worth of oil and gas.
: :
:
: If mere money would do it, Saudi Arabia would have a huge carrier
: aviation organization.
:
: They don't.
:
: The United States, with a stronger economy and much more experience in
: carrier aviation didn't build at anything near the rate the Russians
: claim they want to.
:
: What reason is there to believe they can do it?
:
:
:I guess you didn't notice what they did in WW II.
:
:Thousands of tanks.
:
:Hundreds of thousands of sub-machine guns.
:
:Ammo.
:
:and all while under attack.
:

I guess you don't know the difference between manufacturing bullets
and building carrier strike groups.

-- Thomas Jefferson