Old September 26th 05, 01:10 AM

Philippe Vessaire wrote:
a =E9crit:

Anybody know anything about that CH701 on Zenairs site that has a
mercedes smart Diesel in it?

It got me to poking around on some european website. I found the
specs for the ford 1.4 litre diesel sold over there. Not sure how the
figures size up to gas engines currently in use. Any Opinions?

http://www.ecofly.de/Prices_order.htm

It is mogas engine.

By
--
Pub: http://www.slowfood.fr/france
Philippe Vessaire =D2=BF=D3=AC

Well the ecofly looks like they are selling 2 motors on the site, the
first is mogas the second is diesel. The power ratings are displayed
for both if you scroll down the page.

It _is_ pretty impressive technology. Though the European-ness of it is
really isn't that big of a deal. All the car companies are pan-global
entities these days.

Diesel is still cheaper than jet fuel. Or isn't it? I've been too
afraid to go to the pump the past few days :-) At current prices
biodiesel does become cost effective if one could find a suitable
anti-gel agent.=20

-Matt