Old September 27th 05, 01:56 AM
GeorgeB

On 26 Sep 2005 14:47:36 -0700, "
wrote:

Jet A1 is a little bit cheaper, but it need oil addition (2 strokes oil is
good but normal oil would be ok) for high pressure pump.

Have you heard of anyone cutting Jet A like your describing? I would
expect those engines are quite sensative. I'd be really nervous about
fuel/oil ratios doing that!

I recognize that they don't fly, but trucks have mixed kerosene
(sometimes called #1 fuel oil) and diesel (sometimes called #2 fuel
oil) in cold weather.

One of the company's that my father dealt with had a small kerosene
tank which they used before shutdown and to start.

It is interesting that #2 has more BTU/gallon than #1, so mileage is
slightly better on #2.

The lubricity issue is one that I asked a buddy of mine aobut when
Thielert said their "auto based" engine would run JetA ...

Enquiring minds would like to know more.