Old May 25th 19, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

Default ASH25 out to kill you?

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 4:38:10 PM UTC-5, ripacheco1967 wrote:
On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 1:29:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Disagree again......the point raise has nothing to do with recoveries but was written for Lawyers that all attempt is being made to educate dumb pilots not to perform ABRUPT maneuvers or flight control movement in the high speed regime. I say dumb because any airmen worth his salt knows this.
Case in point American Airlines co-pilot full rudder deflection leads to vertical stab failure killing all on board and most recently the loss of an Amazon 767 due to
excessive elevator deflection.
Vo....Maximum Operating Maneuvering Speed...the speed at which if exceeded structural failure could occur with abrupt control movement.
Vne...Never Exceed
This is basic airmen knowledge as important as blue side up and what does the rudder do. Basic

Long wing (open class) sailplanes have additional considerations, but lets hold off on that for now.
A 27 ... enjoy....read the AOM.

I like the fact is a two seater, So I can have a qualified instructor saving my behind ;-)

I am not familiar about issues with the AWS 27, care to enlighten a beginner ?