Old July 2nd 03, 05:51 PM
Corky Scott

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:09:00 GMT, "Bruce A. Frank"
wrote:

I'll get into this a bit more.

Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"
| Publishing interesting material|
| on all aspects of alternative |
| engines and homebuilt aircraft.|
*------------------------------**----*
\(-o-)/ AIRCRAFT PROJECTS CO.
\___/ Manufacturing parts & pieces
/ \ for homebuilt aircraft,
0 0 TIG welding

While trying to find the time to finish mine.

Me too. I've got a video at home that was produced by Jerry
Schweitzer. He used to build Ford V-6's for people to use for auto
conversions, don't know if he does that anymore. He had two airplanes
that were Ford powered, a Pacer and an RV-4.

The video I have is about the Pacer installation. In it, the radiator
is mounted flat underneath the engine. It's a pretty big sized
radiator. The air is drawn through the stock openings in the chin
cowl, passes by the PSRU, which is good because it needs to have
cooling air going over it. Then the air has to get around the engine
and the hot exhaust pipes and THEN pass through the radiator and
remove heat from it's fins.

But we aren't done yet. After that convoluted journey, the air then
has to bend 90 degrees to head out the exit, which is just a hole in
the bottom of the cowling underneath the firewall. The hot air exit
had a lip in the front of the opening to promote a low pressure area
right around the opening.

Despite all the problems with this layout, it not only worked, it
worked well.

Corky Scott