Old June 23rd 18, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Any details on Nephi incident?

I fly with an Aviator P124 from Rigging Innovations
http://www.rigginginnovations.com/containers/p124.* This is an
emergency parachute.* IIRC I paid around $2,700 for it.* They
recommended training and I got some at the local jump club.* Having had
the Air Force training with round chutes and jumping with the
rectangular, I would never again consider wearing a round chute if a
rectangular is available.

Good luck for a quick recovery to Dave and passenger.

On 6/22/2018 12:34 PM, Waveguru wrote:
Can you get an emergency chute in ram air? This is from a parachute web site. “Because of the advanced characteristics of these canopy designs, the Sport Aviator model may only be used by individuals who either have ram-air jumping experience such as skydiving, or have received special training in the use and performance of these canopies”

Boggs

--
Dan, 5J