Old December 27th 03, 02:53 AM
Gyroplanes

I saw that one on ebay as well right after I replied to your post. I thought
that might be what you are referring to.
As I understand it. The "overhaul" of the whole helicopter is NOT mandatory
with the FAA. There are life limited components on the Robinson helicopter (as
with any brand) and they must be overhauled or replaced as they expire.
If I remember correctly there are four items that must be replaced or
overhauled at 2200 hours TT, not counting the suggested 2200 hour TBO of the
engine.
Things are different if the aircraft is being used in FAA Part 135 (Air Taxi)
operation. Under 135 TBOs become mandatory (although somee extension may be
granted by the cognizant FAA FSDO or MIDO
Tom