Old July 21st 03, 10:17 AM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"John Cook" a écrit dans le message de news:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:14:31 +0100, Jerry wrote:

Hi

I've seen both the Rafale and typhoon display at the same airshow,
Now I may be somewhat biased but I think the Typhoon easily outflew
the Rafale, what was your opinion...

I've often seen both fly, and I have to agree a little. Rafale Demos at
LeBourget and Farnborough are often disappointing, but I've seen it fly at
Navy open days at it's base in Brittany, and it was pretty impressive,
combined with an E-2C demo too.
But isn't your impression mainly due to the fact that the Typhoon is a pure
air superior fughter and interceptor, while the Rafale is optimized for
multimission profiles? And we musn't forget that the Typhhon outpowers the
Rafale by what...30% ?

Pierre-Henri BARAS

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm
http://www.ffaa.net