Old August 7th 05, 10:11 PM
Peter Duniho

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
Several questions:

What do you mean by hot? What were the CHT's and Oil Temperatures? What
do they normally run?

Good questions. The original post was certainly short on details regarding
what the pilot feels is normal versus what was actually happening.

What % of full power is 29" and 2400 RPM? I realize you're flying a
turbocharged aircraft, but 24" and 2400 RPM is usually something like 75%,
so I'd guess 29" and 2400 RPM is well over 75%.

That all depends on the turbocharging. If the maximum boost is higher than
30", 29"/2400 RPM could easily be in the 75% range.

That said, as far as I know these particular engines aren't boosted very
high (but I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with them, so that doesn't mean
much ). But just as a reference point, the turbocharged IO-540 in my
airplane has a maximum boost of 34", with a typical "high cruise" power
setting being 29"/2300 RPM, for about 75% power.

Pete