Old August 7th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Gary Drescher

Default CAT IIIC minimums

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
news:001c01c6b9e5$41b26ee0$4001a8c0@omnibook6100.. .
The lowest authorized ILS minimums, with all required ground and airborne
systems components operative, are
. Category I - Decision Height (DH) 200 feet and Runway Visual Range (RVR)
2,400 feet (with touchdown zone and centerline lighting, RVR 1800 feet),
. Category II - DH 100 feet and RVR 1,200 feet,
. Category IIIa - No DH or DH below 100 feet and RVR not less than 700
feet,
. Category IIIb - No DH or DH below 50 feet and RVR less than 700 feet but
not less than 150 feet, and
. Category IIIc - No DH and no RVR limitation.

I found the above on page 5-49 of the Instrument Procedures Handbook at
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...ures_handbook/

So contrary to what others have suggested, the NA does not mean "not
authorized";
rather, it means "not applicable".

No, NA means "not authorized". See
http://www.naco.faa.gov/content/naco..._IAP_Intro.pdf , p.
53. (Also, Jeppesen's Instrument/Commercial Manual, Appendix B, lists NA as
an abbreviation for "not authorized".)

The material you cited above is entirely consistent with the "not
authorized" meaning.

There is no CAT IIIc approach into JFK for runway 4R

Sorry, can you say how you arrived at that conclusion?

which is why it is not listed on the plate.

Couldn't it be unlisted because there are no DA or RVR limitations to list?

--Gary