Old May 15th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
flynrider via AviationKB.com

Default "Lawn Chair, Two O'Clock, One Mile..."

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Its funny, the TV show "Myth Busters" tried this one and found that it
did not work, they decided it must be a myth. Later they found out it
was real. Odd that these guys couldn't figure out how to get the lift
required of the ballons.

I'm not sure which "Mythbusters" you watch, but on the one I watch, they
were able to duplicate the feat. As I recall, the balloons carried one of
the guys up to the limit of the teather. He then shot the balloons until he
returned to earth. If you were expecting them to cut the chair loose from
the teather, you would have been disappointed, but otherwise, their
experiment confirmed that it was possible.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)