Old June 30th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Here's a question for the trolls and flight simmers

Stealth Pilot writes:

I'm always amazed at the way you see simplified simulations as more
important than reality. you really are wierd.

I don't recall saying this, and I'm not sure how you drew this conclusion.

Simulations are obviously better than real life in some circumstances,
otherwise nobody would ever use simulations. I can get a large part of the
experience of flying through simulation, at very low cost and nil
inconvenience; the price/performance ratio is very good.

It's unfortunate that some pilots have a visceral, negative reaction to the
idea of flight simulation, since they are depriving themselves of many hours
of enjoyment with their vehement dismissal of simulation.

Of course, there are many pilots who don't suffer from these hang-ups, and
enjoy simulation greatly. Just because it isn't the real thing doesn't mean
it can't be a lot of fun, and it's very cheap.