Old October 2nd 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default taller battery holder/clips for Ventus 2?

On Oct 1, 5:05*pm, Frank wrote:
I'm considering the addition of a PowerFlarm and probably a
transponder (TTG21/22) to my Ventus 2bx, and am wondering if anyone
has modified the forward and/or aft battery restraints to accommodate
taller batteries. *The restraints in my ship are set up for the
typical 7-9AH SLA with dimensions 5.94"L x 2.56"W x 3.94"H. *The next
standard size up (literally) has the same length and width dimensions
but a height of 4.61". *There is plenty of room for the additional
3/4" or so, but current molded restraint clips won't work.

Does Schemp-Hirth make molded clips/restraints that will fit the
taller batteries, or am I on my own?

Regards,

Frank (TA)

Frank,

To answer your question directly. No factory replacenment that I know
of, but pretty easy to mod the factory box. Either cut and extend the
current tabs or put outside tabs and use a bungie doughnut.