Old November 1st 19, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gliding risk....

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 3:54:26 AM UTC+2, wrote:
I quit reading when the data presented listed motorcycling safer than ‘gliding’. By 100%.
Hmmm.....don’t think so.

It depends a lot on what is included in motorcycling. If you include the millions who use scooters as their daily commute in the Far East puttering along at 30km/h, then motorcycling would be considered as pretty low risk. If you consider just the people using the motorcycle as a hobby and think of superbikes racing at crazy speeds in traffic or on mountain roads, then the statistics related to risk become very different. But even considering just superbikes, I have lost more friends gliding than motorcycling.

Clinton