Old April 30th 13, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Experience with StarkPower LIFEPo4 Batteries?

On Monday, April 29, 2013 11:32:45 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:

If the batteries were manufactured by a company with a decades-old
reputation, like Panasonic, Powersonic, Yuasa, etc, I'd be much more
willing to trust them, unfortunately, they come from small companies
with very short histories.

In the era of same-branded batteries sourced in batches from the lowest bidder in different countries, is it still valid to trust a battery based on the reputation of a long-standing brand name? I think not.

When you test a battery for safety, your results are at best applicable to other batteries from the same batch.

Is there a market for rocket-launched ejectable battery boxes?