Old March 12th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default annual interruptus

So then I can assume that you only drive on toll roads, send your children
to private schools, fly from a private airport, never use ATC, and any of
the thousands of "public services?"- Hide quoted text -

As far as I'm concerned the US Government does not subsidize general
aviation nearly enough - magnitudes too little...
Even if subsidized each year with just a fraction of what is spent in
ONE DAY on public boat launches, harbors, coast lines, rivers, bays,
lakes, dredging for commercial shipping, national park roads,
wilderness roads, hiking trails, federal highways, federal support for
state highways, trucking, railroads, research, and on, and on, would
have every single GA airport in this country looking like Donald
Trumps personal showplace...
Just a fraction of ONE DAYS expenditures would astound you with what
we could do to subsidize GA airports... And that still leaves 364 and
a fraction days to continue to blow on the others...

And, if we had just ONE whole day of transportation spending
specifically allocated to GA per annum - whooo baby, leather designer
couches in the lounges, eye candy at every front desk, ramp boys 24/7,
cheap hangar space, cheap fuel, spotless concrete ramps and runways,
approach and runway lighting systems like a Los Vegas show, WAAS at
every single airport, high school pilot-ed just like drivers-ed... man
oh man, the gravy, the gravy droooool

denny - don't ever wake me up, I wanna die happy...