Old November 13th 15, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Moore

Default Curious about flying in IFR

Larry Dighera wrote
A gusty cross wind nearly blew me
off the edge of the runway into the grass as I was about to touch
down, but was able to recover successfully, and plant it firmly on the
macadam. Whew! What a memorable ride. :-)

MACADAM....?????

I would suggest that you do a "Wikipedia" on "macadam", "tarmac",
and "asphalt". I'm 80 years old and haven't heard the word macadam
used since I was a child. I constantly hear "tarmac" mis-used by the
news media who mean to say "apron" or if you were in the Navy, "ramp".

Bob Moore