Old May 8th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Airparks...

In article .com,
"xyzzy" wrote:

.Blueskies. wrote:
NPR story:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5372736

I guess it's hard to blame people who don't have real exposure to GA
for being uninformed, but still. Those neighbors' concerns are pretty
unfounded, especially about scaring away wildlife.

I live on 20 acres in the country but I hear far more nighttime
wildlife at my local airport than at home. An airpark would be even
better because it probably wouldn't be lighted and would have no
nighttime operations.

One is going in in this area its covenants forbid night operations or
operations before 7:30 am.

http://www.newsobserver.com/680/story/434031.html

That is a stupid covenant. I live at Spruce Creek (7FL6), which is the
biggest, most active airpark in the world. We have 1500 homes, 400-600
aircraft, ranging from Cubs to jets, GPS approach, 4000 ft runway and
lights. We also have an abundance of wildlife, including bald eagles,
hawks, blue herons, wood storks, reoseate spoonbills (sometimes),
mockingbirds, cardinals, etc.

The "airplanes scare wildlife" claim is purely bogus and should be
laughed off the podium.