Old July 29th 03, 05:59 AM
S. Sampson

"occam" wrote

Mexico doesn't build advanced machine tools for aerospace or other
high-tech industries. You have to buy them from China, Japan or Europe.

Not true. I toured a plant in Mexico City that had 40 machines on the
floor, milling titanium and aluminum parts for LockMart. They had another
machine that was cloning itself, so they would have the base/parts for the
41st machine. You could eat off the floor it was so clean. Highly
automated, and the treated metal was never touched by humans after the
chemical wash, all the way to sealing in containers. The only people you
saw were the milling operators and janitors. We all got a little tobacco-bag
of titanium chips as a souvenir :-)