Old September 12th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan D[_2_]

Default First emergency

The decision to go to CMA instead of circling back to SZP was a good one. All sorts of advantages - tower, emergency
equipment, Looooong runway, no hills too close, etc. Congrats a a job well done!

"EventHorizon" wrote in message . 12.10...
Mark Hansen wrote in news:b16ac$4aa68361$414ebc3d
:

On 09/07/09 22:33, EventHorizon wrote:
I thought you might all find this story interesting.

I'm sure glad everything worked out for you. Did you consider
that with no throttle control, the engine could have gone to
idle as well as remained at full power? I'm not sure I would
have flown to another airport - but I'm Monday Quarterbacking! :-)

Best Regards, and thanks for sharing with us!

We hadn't thought of the throttle going down to idle. Since we were at full
there was a lot of vibration and we assumed that it was going to stay stuck
in that condition, which was what happened.