Old May 16th 04, 02:47 AM
boB

Cousin Jack Newquay wrote:
Thanks everyone for your most helpful posts. Really appreciated.
Like a lot of things in this computing age it comes down to balancing the
time (and money) spent in the virtual world with living in the real world.
I am still inclined to have a go. I will probably be back seeking your
advice again before long.
Regards to all

"Cousin Jack Newquay" wrote in message

Sorry folks - please bear with me.

I love to fly (as a passenger) but am keen to 'get my hands on the
controls'.

Where do I start?

MS Flight Sim?

What 'joystick' and 'foot pedals'?

Your guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks group.

No one stated the most important thing. (Well, to me at least, I'm
freeware hungry)

Get a large Hard Drive. I started with a 200MB drive 6 months ago, (New
computer = new hard drive, and I have added no special programs to it)

There are SO MANY great free programs, scenery and aircraft out there
begging to be downloaded.

I now installed a second 200GB Drive.

--

boB

The Roaming Gnome
Don't Forget Your Hat

Flying FS2002/4 in Texas

P4
2.66G
512 Ram
Ti4200-128
Bob, Gabriella, Kuma, Chica, Balto, Blitz, Gussie, Costa and Tiger
Kempner, Central Texas