Old March 16th 16, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nigel Henry

Default Medical requirements ?

What are the medical requirements to fly a glider solo aged 62. ?

In the Past I have had a Class 2

If I renew my PPL, I need a class 2 Medical. annually renewable.

If I downgrade my licence to an NPPL I need a LAPL medical? how
long does it last aged 62 ?

Also I have contacted my Local Dr/GP to be told they do not issue
support or carry out any medicals as they are too busy. so that
seems to close some doors.

Options and clarification I have been on the BGA site and the CAA
site and the LAA site but its not clear how long the medicals last. Or
what I can use with a NPPL or if I need a medical to fly a glider solo.
aged 62