Old May 5th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
BlackBeard

Default "PENTAGON WORKING TO GIVE F-35 JSF NUCLEAR-STRIKE CAPABILITY"

On May 4, 3:17*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 3 May 2009 22:20:20 -0700 (PDT), frank

wrote:
Would this not mean that by presidential order they could be put back?

We'd have to break some arms control treaties to do it.

Which ones?

None. The decision to remove the tactical nukes from our Navy was a
unilateral one made by Bush the 1st and carried out by Cheney in
1992. It was NOT covered by the INF treaty which would be the closest
in relative weapon "size."

BB