Old May 27th 13, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Inertial sensing in Butterfly Vario, TE vs Airmass indicators

On Saturday, 25 May 2013 03:02:54 UTC+3, wrote:
The airmass indicator looks interesting. I have a couple questions

Can one set the audio to reflect the airmass indicator instead of the vario indicator, and would one even want to?

Actually that would be interesting, currently audioscheme uses only TE vario/sc (I like the audioscheme, you can set the sc-audio to automatically change to vario-audio when hitting lift mc/2).

Also, configuring inertial netto to be normal variometer would be only a matter of subtracting polar sink from netto value.

Is the airmass indicator useful when thermalling or only in cruise?

Definitely both.

krasw