Old May 24th 05, 08:07 PM
Guillermo

Jay Beckman" wrote in message
news:EAKke.1149$rr.123@fed1read01...
I would never, never perform an intentional stall with a non-pilot

passenger
on board.

At the very least, you're scaring someone needlessly (and probably killing
off any chance that they would want to get into flying...), at the very
worst, you're inviting a struggle for the controls.

Not too bright a thing to do, IMO.

I think it depends a lot in the passengers you have, and in how "much" you
stall the airplane. Some people are excited and thrilled by such a maneuver.
If I do a stall with a non-pilot I'd explain the maneuver in detail
beforehand and make sure that they perfectly understand what is going to
happen, and make sure that they are OK with it. It is something that they
are going to do often in their training anyways if they decide to be pilots.
By no means it is meant to scare anybody.
I have had passengers that after the explanation say that they don't want to
do it, so I won't do it, and other ones that says "YEA!! thats sounds fun,
lets do it!!!!", so then I'll go for it.
I wouldn't even think about doing it if the passenger doesn't want to.

guillermo

"Guillermo" wrote in message
"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
Also from a pilot: