Old January 26th 04, 03:05 AM
McCrack

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:54:39 GMT, Ludlow Johnson
wrote:

Looking to purchase new computer.
Looking at all the weekend ads, almost all of the deals offered
include integrated graphics.

My question??

Are the integrated grapics being ofered on these new machine
sufficient to run flight sim programs, or do you really need a
seperate card. Also trying to keep within budget, if buying a card I
see reference to direct x. If i buy a card, do i need to concern
myself with the latest issue of direct x.

TIA

Ludlow, Tomball TX

Don't buy a PC with integrated graphics. I see most stores sell these
crap PC's with integrated graphics and sound, usually suing PC Chips
mb's. Those mb's are dirt cheap and probably cost them about $40.00,
thrown in a cheap 5400rpm HDD, crap Mitsumi cdrom drive some cheap ass
sdram and a Celeron or Duron cpu and they have a dirt cheap PC to
sell. I could build one of those for next to nothing but they are not
much good for gaming, except strat games that use 2D graphics. If you
want to do 3D gaming then spend a bit more and either build your own
or buy something more beefy with a higher end video card like a Radeon
9600pro or higher.