Old June 14th 09, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Shuttle Transport Story

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
I just got this from a friend. I missed the whole thing, even though I
live near Daytona Beach. I did hear about it later that evening,though.

It sounds as if the B747 has its hands full carrying the Shuttle.

******Subject: (JSCAS ) Shuttle Carry

[ Elided for brevity. ]
******Triple Nickel
******NASA Pilot

Not sure whether that was really penned by the real pilot, but was
wondering if anyone has any info on the handle "Triple Nickel"? Best I can
make out the 555th fighter squadron uses that moniker, so would seem odd
for a lone former pilot signing a story like that using an entire
squadron's handle. But maybe that SOP among that crowd?