Old January 15th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:58:22 GMT, Jack wrote in
::

Larry Dighera wrote:

It's clear that it doesn't take 7 people to fly a C-172 as it does a
UAV.

And it's also clear you can't give the Cessna the UAV's capabilities.

Which is it, the Cessna or the UAV's capabilities? (I always love it
when I've got 'em sputterin'.)

I didn't detect any sputtering, nor is there any lack of clarity
in Jack's post. The Cessna can't match the capabilities of the
UAV, nor is there a reasonable chance that it can be modified to do so.
At the very least, I've never heard of a C-172 with 12 hours edurance,
nor capable of employing the sensors and equipment callled for in
this instance.

You appear to have a political axe to grind,

Yes. I am not happy with Bush's unconstitutional/illegal repeal of
personal liberty and privacy, upon which this UAV patrolled border
policy seems to further encroach.

So surveilling the border to enforce existing border control laws
are a violation of PRIVACY now?

since you can't demonstrate any mission advantage to the Cessna.

I find cost to be an advantage. Don't you?

Cost is only an advantage if the lower priced alternative can
actually meet the requirement. If not, then it isn't a viable
alternative and the cost isn't a factor at all.