Old August 18th 08, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

Default NASA Project Mercury hi-rez photos

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:59:38 +0200, JRW wrote:

As a suggestion: There is an* underused newsgroup* which still falls as
a "legal" place to post your flood.

*The newsgroup is: alt.binaries.pictures.misc*

Maybe this is a better alternative for your new and reposts that others
want, since you insist on posting high resolution photos.

Just a suggestion.

Does that mean hi-resolution photos are now off-topic?

I'm not being a smartass (except to suggest that maybe we should
rename the group a.b.p.aviation.low-res g), but first you have to
define high resolution. Bigger than your screen size? Bigger than
mine? What about someone with a 22" widescreen lcd? Are they
"standard" resolution?

Considering the number of, ahh... not completely state of the art
lurkers out there, what if someone else complains that anything
greater than 800x600 is hi-rez?

It boils down to "hi-rez is what I think it is," which gets
problematic.

How about J3 includes a special tag like "J3 flood," or "J3 winrar
post?" That would make it easy to filter out the post. Or you could
just killfile J3.