Old February 21st 04, 11:32 PM
Peter R.

Ted Timmons wrote:

Can the approach be flown leagally by requesting alternate
missed approach instructions that don't require and ADF?

I fly out of Syracuse, NY, which has an ADF-required ILS approach.
During the oral, the DE for my instrument checkride asked me if I could
legally fly this approach using a C172 with no ADF. I answered "yes" if
the aircraft is equipped with an IFR-certified GPS. That answer was
wrong.

He told me what you stated above. If you ask ATC for alternate missed
approach instructions, you can "legally" fly the approach without an
ADF.

--
Peter