Old August 15th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default A Google Groups alternative to rec.aviation.piloting?

buttman wrote:
On Aug 14, 6:53 pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
I note that some people who wish to migrate to a more controlled aviation
forum have a couple issues with the alternatives such as AOPA and POA. The
first being that they appear U.S. centric. The second that the layout is
actually a backward step in user friendliness.

While it isn't as good as some of the classic threaded newsreaders, it
occurs to me that creating a "Google Groups only" (non-Usenet) forum might
help a little toward addressing the two main issues (that I'm aware of,
anyway.) This is Google's info on creating a group on their systems:

http://groups.google.com/intl/en/goo.../overview.html

The third issue is who would most people feel comfortable with as the PIC
of such a group?

That would be worse. The reason this group has degraded is because of
ad-hominem arguments. Notice I didn't say ad-hominem attacks. In my
opinion more damage has been done to this group by allowing
"annointed" people free rides and giving "non-anointed" people attacks
regardless of what they say. The way it should be is that if someone
like Dudley says something stupid, he should get called out on it. If
MX says something, he should get called out on it. If Dudley says
something great he should be praised for it. If MX says something
good, he should get praised for it. But thats not how its done here.
No matter what MX says, he'll get ribbed. No matter what Dudley says,
he'll get praised. If you have a group of people officially annointed
as group moderators, this effect will only be magnified and the
discussion will be even less useless.

I see this sort of thing happen with moderated groups all the time.
You have 4 or 5 people anointed as the "chosen ones", who then strut
around the group with their chests puffed out. They no longer put any
effort into their postings because why bother when you are already
automatically revered by the whole group? If, for some reason you
aren't revered by a member, you can just delete their messages or ban
them from the group.

You're so full of crap it's amazing. Your problem with me started the
day we got into a discussion on you pulling mixture on a student and
you've been a royal PIA ever since.
Not that I mind, but take this post for example. You state something
that is totally false as though it's accepted fact and think it will
stand It won't!
First of all, I am not now, nor have I ever been anything "special" on
this forum, either in my own opinion or in that of others. You simply
pull this crap out of your ass and post it I guess for your own
amusement or for whatever damage you envision it doing.
No big deal. Post away. I think most of the people who frequent this
forum, or at least the ones who would matter anyway, know you have an
agenda here.
Now on to something else you said that reeks of false premise. I've been
posting on these forums for over ten years. Go Google me and come up
with something "stupid" I've posted on these groups and present it here
for everyone to see will you please. I'd be very interested to read what
that happened to be.

--
Dudley Henriques