Old April 2nd 20, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default SSA Contest Committee Announcement on COVID-19 and 2020 Contest Schedule

Easy John boy.....you see a lot of drama while others are simply talking about a maybe, or a perhaps. A desire to press on with hope or positive thinking helps balance the pondering mind. The inevitable is and always shall be. So let it play out.
Someone is always going to be on a ventilator, fighting for their life. We honor them by living.

R, I don't know what credible source is talking about "maybe" or "perhaps" at this point. Barring literally a miracle, the math is simple and clear, and the methodology of computing the numbers well settled. We are about to go though a period where the ability to care for very sick people will fall short of capacity. IMO we should all be trying to spend that time in ways that minimize the chance of adding any load to the system.