Old September 12th 20, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GliderCZ

Default TOST Disc Brake Conversion Kit for LS4 through LS8

On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 8:56:43 AM UTC-7, Gianni Isotope wrote:
I just received the kit for my LS7. I'm interested to hear reports from others who have already installed it. Was the installation straightforward, or did you encounter any unexpected difficulties?

Can't speak to the LS, but I had a Discus retrofitted about 10 years ago. It was anything but straightforward. I had a friend with engineering skills and a machine shop who helped a great deal. He fabricated both a mounting bracket and an actuator arm that made the thing work optimally. He said the original configuration didn't have the correct orientation to the brake cable, so my installation was much more custom than I had anticipated.

You may have better results out-of-the-box than I did. I might have been able to get by without the extra work, but I was glad to have the assistance of folks with more knowledge and skill than I've ever possessed.