Old March 14th 05, 07:01 PM
John Kunkel

"Jimmy B." wrote in message
k.net...
Yesterday, I attended a FAA safety seminar where the topic was maintenance
issues. I walked away with a few surprising nuggets of information.
These issues have been discussed here in the past and some of the
information posited here disagreed with what the FAA said. So, I thought
it would be useful to list them here.

Now, before everyone flames me and tells me I'm an idiot, these are not my
opinions, they are the opinions of the Safety Inspectors at Washington -
Dulles FSDO.

Another in the list of excuses for mandating parts procurement from an
aviation supplier is the paper trail, a Fram filter from Autozone has no
paper trail to the source.

When confronting the FAA with the simple fact that anyone with a quality
printer can "create" a paper trail you'll be greeted with a shrug.