Old February 16th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

Default WAAS info

I just had the new Garmin 430W installed in my Arrow. Cost of the
exchange from my older 430 was $2500. Labor to install new antenna and
cable plus tax came to $650. It also included testing of existing
connections on my old unit with GPSS and the EDM700 fuel totalizer.
This also includes a terrain page.

"Americas" navdata from Jeppesen including WAAS info is $410 vs $365
without WAAS for 12 monthly updates. Jepp will credit unused months
from non-WAAS subscription.

Jepp also is selling their USB adaptor to handle the new 16 meg data
card for a reduced price of $80. Spare cards are $149, and it's good
to have 1 spare, I think. I'm not sure if the old Skybound units will
handle the new card.

I went with the new unit since the plane is in annual now and I could
get it done at the same time instead of waiting for my place in line
at Garmin for the upgrade, for not a lot more money (I was expecting
about $2600 for the upgrade).