Old July 14th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Robert M. Gary

Default Which handheld transceiver?

On Jul 13, 4:41*pm, B A R R Y wrote:

I've never used the NAV functions, but have been happy with the radio
overall. *I don't have extensive experience with lots of different
radios. *I find the ICOM easy to use and dependable and would buy it again.

Yea, I wouldn't recommend anyone pay for the nav functions. I've never
found them to have much of any range and nowadays we all have battery
backup GPSs on the yoke which are a million times better than the 2
mile range VOR receivers that came with the transceivers.

-Robert