Old July 14th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
RST Engineering

Default Which handheld transceiver?

The story I got was that to do both the aircraft AM modulation and the 2m FM
modulation, they were using some cockamamie modulation circuit that wasn't
quite up to specification. That was just a story I heard; I've never put my
Vertex on the spectrum analyzer to see if they are inside the envelope or
not.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message
Yeah. The story I got from HRO in Denver about a year ago was that pilots
were using the 2m band -- or was it the amateurs were using the aviation
band. Either way, how is that the radio's fault? Anyone can buy a 2m HT
and anyone can buy an aviation band HT. I wonder what the real story is.