Old July 18th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Mike[_22_]

Default Which handheld transceiver?

"Michael Henry" wrote in message
Airbus wrote:
They using 8.33 spacing in your neck of the woods?

No, Australia has 25kHz spacing.

Its use is currently "cosmetic" in many regions, but is moving toward
full on implementation. This narrows the field of handhelds considerably,
and may be a useful"future-proof" consideration.

All the models I've seen support 8.33 kHz spacing. (Icom, Vertex Standard,
Sportys).

Thanks to everyone for your responses!

The Sporty's model is the only one I know of that supports 8.33. As far as
Icom and Vertex go, perhaps some of their models support 8.33, but I'm
pretty sure at least their basic models don't unless something has changed
recently.