Old July 17th 04, 01:52 PM
jc

Chad Irby wrote:

snip

Unless you spend a lot more money on them, they're also very vulnerable
to the newer EMP weapons.

In WWII the real secret weapon (proximity fuses) could only be used over
water until mid 44,in the UK with the V1 and not over enemy territory intil
the start of 45. The reason was fear of of copying a dud shell as the
allies had more to lose.

What is the better target for EMP weapons a GPS jammer or the NY stock
exchange?

The "piles of cheap low-power jammers" idea is nice, as long as you
don't have to keep using them.

At a rough guess the cost for a 1W jammer using cellphone components would
be ~$5, just keep sending them up with balloons (add $1).

--

regards

jc

LEGAL - I don't believe what I wrote and neither should you. Sobriety and/or
sanity of the author is not guaranteed

EMAIL - and are not valid email
addresses. news2x at perentie is valid for a while.