Old March 29th 04, 02:57 AM
Jim Weir

In GENERAL, and not specific to your engine, my procedure is to shut the engine
down with the magnetos and run the throttle in to full as the engine stops.
Then pull the mixture and throttle back as normal.

Never takes more than a blade or two in my experience. If you don't anticipate
starting it again for a couple of hours, do the standard mixture cutoff
procedure.

Jim

(Hankal)

-My 1973 Skyhawk has the 360/180 hp engine carburated.
-When the engine is hot it is difficult to start.
-My procedure is master switch battery side on, fuel pump on. Prime throttle 3
-times. Fuel pump off, turn starter while advancing the throttle.
-Today she would not fire and the battery went south.
-
-Any recommendations, suggestions.
-Will check timing and Magnetos tomorrow.
-Hank N1441P

http://www.rst-engr.com