Old November 3rd 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default SR-71 61-7974, engine start - "61-7974 engine start, Jan 16, 1984, Ramstein AB, Scott R Wilson.jpg" 176.9 KBytes

I think I remembered incorrectly, looking at my photo it appears there were
only four "Dash 60s" (AM32A-60) used, all on the left side of the aircraft.
I'm thinking that the four "Dash 60" bleed air hoses were coupled onto a
manifold, and one larger hose went from the manifold to the pneumatic
starter attached to the underside of the engine. It's been a long time and
my memories are very hazy, but I think after the #2 engine was started, they
uncoupled the larger air hose and coupled it to a started on #1. Damned if I
can be sure though. I went through my photos and couldn't find any in which
the pneumatic starter wasn't blocked from view by a Dash 60. I'm a little
disappointed. Too bad we can't go back in time, so I could try to re-shoot
my photos or take notes or something...
Scott Wilson