Old February 11th 19, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Lederman

Default Moswey lll

David, I too have been flying RC gliders, since 1972. It is great that you are putting in this effort to get the detail right.

In the summer of 2015 an old RC friend and professional pilot told me that every RC landing works for experience flying full size gliders. In October I got a demo ride in a Stemme S10VT, the sales guy sunk the hook. That October I ordered one, turning into a S12. I spent the next summer driving to Ionia Michigan twice a week taking glider flying lessons, getting my private pilot glider certificate October 2016. I took delivery of my Stemme S12 in January 2018 and now have 81.6 hours in her and 119 total flying hours..

My friend was correct, all that RC experience helps. My third solo was one hour and 37 minutes! So, if you ever get the opportunity, take some full size lessons!

I'm also Co-Director of the Weak Signals R/C Exposition in Toledo Ohio. Bring your model and enter it in the competition!