Old May 31st 04, 01:41 AM

I've just told them we needed to wait for better satelite geometry,
and gave them a request to hold somewhere. Seems to have been clear
enough. We've held 10 minutes or so both times. the UNS's we have
allow us to predict raim, so that let us know that it should be fine
shortly. It also warned us we could expect the problem beforehand.
Stan
That seems to have bOn Sun, 30 May 2004 08:33:36 -0400, Roy Smith
wrote:

we did last night).

So, what do you do? Ask ATC to hold someplace in the hopes the RAIM
warning goes away as the satellites shuffle around? If so, how long
would you expect this would take? Does the controller know enough about
GPS to understand what I mean if I tell him "I've got a RAIM alert"?