Old November 22nd 05, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How to Buy a Glider Afordably, or Euro vs ContraFund

wrote:
A year ago I suggested that the way to counter the high Euro was to
invest your money and wait. As an investment vehicle I recommended the
Fidelity ContraFund (FCNTX). Now, I am not one to make idle
suggestions: I am personally heavily invested in this fund.

Here are the results one year later:

Euro: DOWN 9.4%
ContraFund: UP 20.4%

Difference: 30.2%

Of course, most will have to pay capital gains on the ContraFund, which
is 15% max in the U.S., so the 20.4% becomes 17.3% (or more).

Tom Seim
Richland, WA

Only if you sell --- there's the rub 8)

Bob Johnson